The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating Rotating List without Dates? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I want to have a rotating list of "forever" tasks, that happen whenever (very loose due dates).

For instance, rooms to clean around the house. I'd like to rotate through them in an order, and then when I finish up the list, start back at the front and do it again.

One option is using "start again - after 1 minute" but that inserts directly under the finished task, not at the bottom.

Another option is just to use a project template "Rooms to clean", and every time I finish the project, create a new one from the template, ready to go.

Is there an automated way to do this?

Set up a recurring project with a repeat of 'start after' 1 day - then, when the last task is checked off the project starts again from the beginning.

Sure. I would make an action group that contains all of the tasks. Just indent all of the tasks under another action. Set the action group to complete itself automatically when all of its tasks are done, and set it to repeat at whatever interval you want between finishing one round and starting the next. When you've completed them all, a new copy of the action group will be created with a new set of tasks. You may want to investigate putting start dates on the individual tasks to space them out a bit (personally, I wouldn't want to see the entire list of rooms showing up as needing cleaning immediately upon finishing the list!).

Or set the action group as sequential so you only see the next available task perhaps.