The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

how do globally change units for assigned resouces? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've created an extensive plan and assigned resources when the resources had a default of 100% units. I now need to change that percent to 90%. How do I do this globally without having to reassign each resource or manually editing each task?

Note what I'm talking about is initially I had resources at 100% units and I assigned them to different tasks. I then edited the global default for each resource to 90% using the resource editor but when I level the plan I get violations. I'm hoping there is a quick and efficient way for me to have all the assigned resources units changed to 90% and then level the plan using the new resource global unit percent (90%).

Last edited by wfiveash; 2010-11-03 at 02:42 PM..

Try the following script on a copy of your document and see if it does what you want. You'll want to level after running it.

Code:
tell application id "com.omnigroup.omniplan"

set maxUnit to (text returned of (display dialog "What value for the maximum assignment? (1.0 = 100%, 0.5 = 50%)" default answer "1.0" buttons {"OK"} default button {"OK"})) as number

repeat with _resource in resources of front document
		repeat with _assignment in assignments of _resource
			if (units of _assignment > maxUnit) then
				set units of _assignment to maxUnit
			end if
		end repeat
	end repeat

repeat with _resource in resources of front document
		set number of _resource to maxUnit
	end repeat

end tell

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2010-11-03 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: more efficient version

By the way, it's kind of fun to watch it run from the resource utilization view :-)

Thanks for the script, I will check that out.