The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to hide Guides that have been Dragged to the Canvas Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There must be an option to hide manually dragged out guides. I have read that there is no shortcut! But there must be a manual switch for this?

Thanks Issy
Attached Images

On the View menu there is an option to toggle guides. It doesn't have a keyboard shortcut by default but on MacOS you can assign keyboard shortcuts via System Prefs>Keyboard>Shortcuts.

You can also customise the toolbar that appears at the top of the window. Look for a button named Show/Hide Extras.

Also, if guides visibility are toggled off, a simple click anywhere in the canvas Rules will turn guides visibility back on.

Dear Eric, Thanks so much! It had me stumped :) Where is the show hide extras button located? Is it a preference. Thanks, Is

Open your document, any document, or a new document. Have a document open, rather than none.

Go to View menu, and choose Show Toolbar if it is there. Don't choose Hide Toolbar.

Then choose Customize Toolbar from the View menu. You'll find Show/Hide Extras in the fourth row, third one in. Drag it onto the toolbar in the document window, just under the document window title at the top.

Ok Ok! :) How to drag guides to the canvas? I have spent more than hour for searching guides, how to add manually them, like in Adobe products?