The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sorting Actions by Flagged Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
in Project mode you can sort projects by "flagged" - how do you sort actions by "flagged"?

I want all my flagged actions to rise to the top of list in each project.

If I go to the "flagged" perspective, I will no longer see the other actions.

How would that make sense with a sequential project? And with a parallel project, why would you need to see the non-flagged items before finishing the flagged items? I'm a little confused about where this would be useful...but you can get something like this in context mode by grouping by project, sorting by flagged, showing remaining actions, any duration, any flag state.

We don't auto-sort actions within projects because of the concerns that Bill mentioned in his posts. You can sort by a couple of criteria from the "Sort" submenu of the Edit menu, but Flagged isn't one of them.

Folks that would like to see this added to OmniFocus should please email the support ninjas so we can add this to the dev database.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
How would that make sense with a sequential project? And with a parallel project, why would you need to see the non-flagged items before finishing the flagged items? I'm a little confused about where this would be useful...but you can get something like this in context mode by grouping by project, sorting by flagged, showing remaining actions, any duration, any flag state.
I have 9 Single Action Groups, 6 Parallel Projects and 0 Sequential Projects, so I guess I'm probably setup a little different.