The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Implementing "Making it Work." Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
A year ago I read David Allen's Getting Things Done and started to implement it. I then purchased OmniFocus. However after a shor while I was lost in a see of entries that swam before my eyes. I dropped the whole thing.

I just finished a very studied read of Making it All Work" and am giving this another try. As I try to use OF, I'm wondering how people are applying the concepts from Making It Work? Projects and actions are obvious. But he has a larger hierarchy.

But at one level higher he refers to Outcomes. Under Outcomes are Purpose, Principles, Vision,Goals & Objectives, Projects & Waiting for others.

At the same level as Outcomes are Actions, Incubating, Support etc.

Are people using OF to organize all this and if so, within OF how are people doing it.

Thanks
Gary