The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Community > Omni Lounge
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Downloads from omnigroup.com Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

Today I tried to download OmniOutliner prof 3.8 and OmniDiskSweeper from the site. Both failed to mount, but the alternate site worked. It might or might not be a problem on your side, I just thought I'd mention it.

Cheers, Hedzer

The server is being crushed by the number of people downloading the free versions.

I also see people using "download accelerators" - if you have these configured improperly, or you use one of the ones that throws open as many connections to the server as it can take, you will have the problem. I kill clients that open up 20 or 30 simultaneous sessions on the server - it's bad behavior for a "download accelerator" to do that.

Things are better now. We were getting some wacky download requests from IPs in China and France. Once those were stopped, the server went back to running smoothly.

And here was I, wondering why the OmniFocus updates took so long as of late.

Oh, well. I’ve got time …