The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Only Show Flagged Items? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
That's a known "feature". The filter only filters actions. So in planning view all the projects show up whether flagged or not. Send Feedback if you think the projects should be filtered too.

Curt

Hm. Well it seems there are a couple of bugs here then:

* I can flag entire projects, meaning, I presume, all the actions under it are flagged, but

* visually, those actions appear to be unflagged, although if you hover over the icon, it says "flagged", and

* you can click the seemingly unflagged icon and turn it to flagged.

Definitely sending feedback....

Oh, wait... I see there are in fact *three* states to flagged:

* No flag at all (or a flag outline if you select the item)

* red flag if you've clicked the flag on a project or an action

* light red flag next to all a project's actions if you've clicked the flag on a project but not on any of its actions.

Oy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
Oy.
Why "Oy"?

First, the little flag outline is a tip, like "Start," "Due," and the little clock for the estimated time. It's not a different state.

Second, it makes sense that a flagged project should indicate, somehow, that its actions are flagged (since Context mode shows actions only). But it should differ from how individually flagged actions are indicated, so that the user is clear on whether the action or the whole project is flagged.

I think Omni's solution is elegant: you immediately know, whatever your view, whether you have flagged an action or a project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
Why "Oy"?

[...]

I think Omni's solution is elegant: you immediately know, whatever your view, whether you have flagged an action or a project.
"Oy" because I'm not used to three states for "flagged" and "unflagged", and because it wasn't immediately obvious to me that there were in fact three states. Like I mentioned, I'd never used flags until that moment (I have no need for them in my workflow).