The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Arranging shared layers on multiple canvases Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hello,

I have a many multiple page documents that I would like to add a shared footer to. I select all the canvases, right click and add a shared layer. Omnigraffle then adds the shared layer to all the canvases beneath the initial canvas layer. This causes the new shared layer to be obscured by the original layer. The only work around I have is to manually move the shared layer back on top for each canvas. This activity is more trouble then it is worth for the volume of documents I need to work with. Does anyone know of a way to create multiple shared layers on top of the existing layers, or use applescript to rearrange the order of layers?

What I find frustrating about this feature is when you add a shared layer to a single canvas, the layer is added on top of the existing layer, but when you add a shared layer to multiple canvases, it is on the bottom.

Thanks for any help you can provide in advance.