The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

multiple lines in task view Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I am completely new to OmniPlan, I searched the help and the forum -- unfortunately I couldn't find a solution:

I have problems if the content of the name of a task is too long for a single line, or if I want to have on purpose more than one line for a task (option-return).
In those cases, in task view, the content of each task is cut-off at the width of the task view window, or at the end of a line similarly cut-off when exported as a pdf.

When I export my project to OmniOutliner, the multiple lines are there.

Is it possible to view and print multiple lines from within OmniPlan? How?

Thanks,
Claus

Before printing, select View->Row Text->Always Show Full Text which will cause all of your multi-line rows to be shown in their entirety.

Bingo!

Can I add something else to this question?

Having made Full Text show (and thus having text wrapping in the various fields which I like for the "Task" column) I'm wondering if I can make changes to what is shown for the Start/End columns and the Assigned column?

Start/End: I just want to see the day/month and year if I have to ... I don't want to see the time

Assigned: I want to see the resource name only ... I don't want to see the "% of %" bit

Is there a way to do this?

You can hide the time from the start/end field by going to the "Project : Formatting" inspector and check off the "time of day" option.

You can't hide the assigned resource percentage. This is a feature request in our database so I'll add a vote to that for you.