The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What does this error mean? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Title says it all really. I get the same every time I try.

Mark

This means OmniFocus can't figure out where some of your data goes. This usually happens when some other data goes missing entirely. I suspect this was caused by the iDisk syncing problems you mentioned in the other thread.

If OmniFocus on your Mac is still complete, move aside the copy on your iDisk, and resync it. Then try syncing your iPhone again.

If there are similar error messages in Console on your Mac, then I recommend emailing our Support Ninjas. They can talk you through rescuing whatever of your data is still there but disconnected.

Thanks Lizard.

Renaming the iDisk copy, uploading from the desktop, then syncing again fixed it. This was all before the Conflict resolver messages in the other thread, and I wondered if this error could have been part of the issue.

I definately didn't touch any copy of the file before getting this error, so the biggest worry was why the files changed at all.

Last edited by MacBerry; 2008-08-17 at 12:57 AM..