The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How did I accidentally redefine default due time? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Due date has absolutely nothing to do with whether an action is available. If you are not using start dates, then your actions are not available for some other reason.
Probably so. As I said, I am confused. _Something_ happened recently that changed the way information was displayed to me using OF. I was using the same Perspectives I had setup that were working for me. Suddenly, upon some update, information was displayed differently than before. When I investigated what happened, I stumbled upon a changed Due Hour for some or all of my items. Not knowing how that happened, I posted to the forum.

I only use a Start Date whenever OF doesn't filter or sort items the way I expect for it to filter or sort items. If I don't get what I expect (however wrong that is), I sometimes tweak a Start Date to have something show up in a Perspective. Broken methodology? I'm sure it is. ;-)

It is disconcerting to have behavior of the application change in the last couple weeks when I'm considering buying the license. I've got a two week window to decide for $40. After that, the price goes to $80 and that's a solid "No" from where I stand. This isn't meant to be complaining or threatening, it's just significant changes like this that I don't have any knowledge about or control over kinda whiplash my decision process on the purchase.

Brandon

We're changing the default due time back to the start of the day (12:00 AM), and adding a preference where people can customize it to the end of the day (11:59 PM) or end of business (5:00 PM) or whatever.

Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We're changing the default due time back to the start of the day (12:00 AM), and adding a preference where people can customize it to the end of the day (11:59 PM) or end of business (5:00 PM) or whatever.

Awesome. Thanks! Making it a preference will please most people.