The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Using FTP reveals .html extension on folder due to export Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I export a document as HTML, the folder that is created is named just like the OO document, only without an extension.

Example:

immt_262_syllabus.oo3
is exported as a folder named:
immt_262_syllabus

However, when I upload the same folder using Transmit 3.6.7, the uploaded folder is given a .html extension.

Example:
After uploading, the folder is named:
immt_262_syllabus.html

I don't have another FTP app to test this in to see if it is a Transmit problem, but I suspect that OO is doing this. Can anyone confirm?

I'm using OmniOutliner/3.8/final-v143.41

Last edited by lanceosborne; 2009-04-01 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: Added version of OO

If you do File->Get Info on the folder in the Finder, you'll see that the .html extension is there, with the "hide extension" box checked.