The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Rapid entry of Actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey Guys,

I've already had a chat to an OF rep about this and he's placed the issue into the feature request list. However, I wanted to get some more opinions.

iPad is a portable device, and for me, most of the times I am in meetings and want to enter project details very quickly. With other popular apps (Taska and ToDo), it's as easy as hitting enter in the same textfield for every new action (task).

Do you guys feel a need for this feature?

I know for me it is the ONE thing that is holding me back from purchasing the app. Apart from this vital feature, almost everything about this is app is absolutely brilliant!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKII View Post
Do you guys feel a need for this feature?
Definitely. I think I'd like to see something similar to the way iThoughtsHD handles it for adding child elements to a mind map.

A single click on return is a new line, but a further double click closes that item and adds another blank one.

Maybe when adding tasks a quick double click on return could add that task and automatically create a new one ready for the next item?
 
Yes having a way to rapidly enter items when brainstorming or noting things during a conversation or meeting would be great.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiK View Post
Definitely. I think I'd like to see something similar to the way iThoughtsHD handles it for adding child elements to a mind map.

A single click on return is a new line, but a further double click closes that item and adds another blank one.

Maybe when adding tasks a quick double click on return could add that task and automatically create a new one ready for the next item?
Perhaps one way to do it is to have the rapid entry shortcut and a entry box appears where each line is interpreted as a new item. When you close the entry box, then all new items show up in inbox.
 
Yes rapid entry of Tasks would be great to have. I really like the way it's implemented in Taska for iPad.
 
I concur. The iPad is not as good a capture device as it could be without this.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by policarpo View Post
Yes rapid entry of Tasks would be great to have. I really like the way it's implemented in Taska for iPad.
I concur. Taska does this really well!
 
+1 The quickest way to enter tasks, the better.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi View Post
I concur. The iPad is not as good a capture device as it could be without this.
This isn't a fault with the iPad, neither is it a fault with OF.

the thread is requesting a faster way to enter multiple actions into OF.
 
I too would love to see a quick entry box, sometimes I need to enter 10-12 items and it is tedious to close and open the input box.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project perspective that shows all sequential actions but no actions before start date? enigma2k OmniFocus 1 for Mac 2 2012-11-22 03:48 AM
New User Questions: Repeating Actions, Email Actions Yosh OmniFocus 1 for Mac 2 2010-09-14 12:32 PM
Omnifocus and rapid organizing mcogilvie Applying OmniFocus 1 2009-10-19 07:27 AM
Quick Entry: warning for loss of multiple actions dvrooman OmniFocus 1 for Mac 2 2007-12-19 06:38 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.