The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Google Groups management switches my account Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Some months ago I created several small Google Groups using my Gmail account.

Last night I created a new Google Account using my preferred email address (not Gmail) and used this account to create a new Google Group. Everything was working smoothly then.

24 hours later I'm having a devil of a time navigating the Google Groups management screens for my new group. I log in with my new Google account, click the "manage" link for my group, click a link or two, and suddenly I get an error page reporting "You cannot view the group's content or participate in the group because you are not currently a member."

Then I look at the top of the page and see my Gmail address instead of my new account address.

I've cleared my google.com cookies, cleared OmniWeb's History, and quit and relaunched OmniWeb, but nothing improves the situation.

When I repeated the same scenario in Firefox, I could visit as many Google Groups management screens as I want without leaving my new account.

Firefox success prompted me to have OmniWeb 5.10.2 spoof as Firefox 3.0.1 (Mac). That cleared up the account problem. So then I tried spoofing as Safari 4.0, which worked fine, too. Finally, I disabled spoofing ... and now Groups management is behaving normally.

Aaargh!!!

-- Ward