The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Small wish: no mousing in the quick input panel Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Getting used to the quick input panel rather than the "send to KGTD" QuickSilver script is surely taking some time ;-) , but it works well.

However, there is one issue -- with the QS thingy, you can just hit the key combo, press "." for text mode, type your task / note, and than hit the enter key to send it to the inbox.

OF's quick input panel, OTOH, seems to lack a keyboard shortcut for the "save" button. You have to mouse to a fairly small "Save" button to enter your task. I know the design allows you to enter several tasks at a time, but this kind of usage is likely to be far less frequent than the "jot down this task" one.

Have I missed the shortcut? If no, would it be a good idea?

Klaus

The short cut is just the return key.

Enter Task -> Project -> Context and hit Return

No step three!

If you want to go the next line, hit shift return.

In fact, you don't have to enter anything but the task.

BZ

Well, this is just me -- it works now with the most recent build, just as you described.

But I am quite certain that a few hours back, upon hitting return, I got a new action in the quick entry window.

Klaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckes
Well, this is just me -- it works now with the most recent build, just as you described.

But I am quite certain that a few hours back, upon hitting return, I got a new action in the quick entry window.

There's a preference to control this behavior. Also note that Command-S always saves and closes the QE window. Command-. always cancels it.