The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating icon next to action name Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would find it helpful to have a small repeating icon just to the left of the completed checkbox for actions that are repeating.

When the icon is clicked, the action would stop repeating.

This would solve 2 problems.

• I would know that an item is repeating without going to the inspector. Sometimes I see an action, know it should be repeating, but am unsure whether it I marked it as repeating.

• If I am working on an action that I want to repeat indefinitely until I finish something... example: read 15 min in Crime & Punishment... I can set it to repeat daily, and after 15 min, mark it as complete. It returns the next day. When I am finished with the book, right before I mark complete, I click on the repeating icon to the left of the completed checkbox, and the item will no longer repeat. Now when I complete the action, it won't return.

If you find this suggestion valuable, let Omni know.

Folks at Omni prioritize based on how many requests they get for a feature.

I don't know, Spiral

this idea seems quick to understand and easy for a user to grasp how it's supposed to be used. :)

I like it

A lot

Christopher

I put my vote in for it [formally ] Even if they could just do the icon that would be great .

I like that idea a lot.

I also submitted a request for the icon. Good idea.

Does anyone know if there are plans to implement the above: seeing if a task is repeating without having to select it and view in the inspect bar?

I'm going to cast my vote for this, even though this is an old thread. :)

Maybe we can resurrect this feature request

We do have a bug on this and I expect there to be some resolution at some point, but it's hard to make any specific promises at this time. (As usual, sending feedback on this issue will help determine future priorities.)

Thanks, I also submitted a vote for this via feedback along with this post. Thanks so much for the update!