The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync can duplicate auto-completing projects with due dates [Bug: Will be fixed] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Brian,

I understand that you are not an engineer. However, it is possible for you to ask the engineer who is working on the problem about when this will be fixed? Is it going to be in a point release (1.8)? Or in OmniFocus 2.0?

Does the bug still happen if instead of a repeating project, you have a repeating action group inside a project that is never completed?

No, as far as I can tell, the project must be repeating AND auto-completing.

Okay, if it doesn't happen with a self-completing repeating action group, stick your repeating project inside another project (making it an action group) and be free of the problem until they get around to fixing it.

The problem with that solution is that when you're using Quick Entry, you can't select an action group, you can only select a project. So if you want to add anything to that, you have to manually go to the projects view and do it there.

But it is a good workaround if you're never adding actions to those projects.

Yeah, I'm assuming if you've got a project that is repeating as often as these apparently are, you've gotten the details fleshed out by now :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
With kevin's help, we've managed to figure out what's going on here. Okay, really, Kevin figured it out and told us what he found. :-)

When a repeating/auto-completing project with a due date assigned is completed on one machine before the deadline, but synced to another machine after the deadline, the second machine ends up with two copies of the project.

Bug's been triaged and assigned a high priority, needless to say...

I had hoped that this problem would go away with the recent update to the iPhone software.

Alas, it didn't.

Any word on when this will be fixed, Brian? Are we waiting on a fix on the iPhone or on the Mac?

Sorry for the confusion here!

iPhone-specific bugs get filed in that project, but if a bug affects both versions, we generally file it in the Mac project, then roll that code into the iPhone version once the fix has been written. In this case, the bug in question is scheduled for a fix in the 1.8 release of the Mac app.

Thanks for the update, Brian!

Just a quick note, I'm now seeing this as well. SHould I send another e-mail to the support ninjas or since it's already scheduled to be fixed should I just wait.

And when is 1.8 due out? I'm running 1.7.5