The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Understanding 'Both a Project and Context' behavior Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Greetings,

I wanted items to stay in my inbox unless I assigned a project and a context. But I then found out on the desktop version, that if it was in the inbox it did not appear in the context view. I tested this a few ways.

Eg, I assigned a number of items to context 'phone'. These items stayed in the inbox. But I could not see them in the context view under 'phone.' The only items in the context view under 'phone' had both context and projects assigned to them.

How can I change this? I want to keep the 'both a project and context' behavior but I need to have it show up in context even if an action is in the inbox.

Suggestions? Help?

Thanks!

Eric

PS The iphone app fyi gets it right but perhaps that is a syncing error....

The iPhone app has different behavior because it has been updated more recently. The Mac app will eventually behave like the iPhone app in this regard (optionally, I think). Until then, you can't change the behavior.

An interim solution would be to create a single action list specifically for "project-less" items. Use that list as the project for your items with a context and no real project. You'll have to treat that like a second inbox, but I don't see another work-around until Omni changes the app.

Curt

Thanks Curt! I appreciate the response. I don't love the answer, but at least I understand! For now I'll just use the 'miscellaneous' box as the 2nd inbox. But yea, that's the problem I am having - trying to just rely on one inbox.

Much appreciated!

Eric