The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OW crashing on contextual menu selection Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Several times over the past few days, and five times in the last 10 minutes, OW has crashed on me when I've right-clicked on something and chosen something from the drop-down menu. I know it happens for 'open link in new tab', 'open in background tab' and 'open in new window'; also happens with 'copy image address to clipboard'. I haven't tested the others because it's driving me nuts to have it keep crashing.

Anybody have any thoughts?

OW 5.9.1
OS X 10.5.7

Do you have any third-party contextual menu items installed in ~/Library/Contextual Menu Items (or in the /Library/ equivalent)?

Yeah contextual menu items may be the culprit. Our Support Ninjas can take a look at your crash reports that you've sent in, I'd recommend emailing omniweb5@omnigroup.com and we can investigate.

Huh. Whaddya know. I did have third-party contextual menu items, and removing them appears to have cleared the problem up nicely. I've had those menu items in there for years, so I'm not sure why they suddenly decided not to play nice with OW, but I have my browser back, and that's the important thing. Thanks!