The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SL + 1.7.1 = No More Calendar Reminders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Well darn.

Snow Leopard install went and overwrote my /etc/apache2/extra/http-dav.conf file.

I restored that and I now have my webDAV server working again and I can sync Actions between my phone and desktop.

The OF Reminders calendar has not survived this process. I've deleted the subscription on my iPhone. I've toggled the Calendar Export option on the iPhone settings.

Nothing. No more invites to subscribe to a new calendar. Can't see anything about calendar syncing in 1.7.1 so everything is behind the curtains and I have no idea what button to push.

Oh well. was nice while it lasted.

Just tried resetting the database on my phone hoping to get a clean sync with the desktop. Can't reset my database because OF iPhone crashes when I hit that button.

What if you just install a hand-crafted DueSoon.ics file on your webDAV server? Here's a simple one (change the DESCRIPTION and UID fields to match a sacrificial event in your database):

Code:
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:OmniFocus Reminders
PRODID:-//The Omni Group//OmniFocus 1.5.2//EN
METHOD:PUBLISH
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20090917T000000Z
DTEND:20090917T000000Z
DTSTAMP:20090903T201829Z
SUMMARY:Due: Test Event
DESCRIPTION:omnifocus:///task/g5c41etmHwt
UID:g5c41etmHwt
BEGIN:VALARM
ACTION:DISPLAY
ACTION:OmniFocus Reminder
TRIGGER:-PT5M
END:VALARM
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

Well I moved the DueSoon.ics file to DueSoon.ics.orig hoping it would notice that the calendar file was gone and redo everything. Hit Reset Database several times on the iPhone (crashes every time).

I was able to get OF iPhone to ask me for my webDAV ID and passwd after some more resets and after multiple toggles of Calendar Export.

That didn't work.

Unfortunately, I'm too stupid to figure out how to edit the calendar file itself. Emacs keeps complaining that the file is write protected even after I've toggled read only and I've chmoded the file. Can't figure out how to get the system to recognize me as _www user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis View Post
Unfortunately, I'm too stupid to figure out how to edit the calendar file itself. Emacs keeps complaining that the file is write protected even after I've toggled read only and I've chmoded the file. Can't figure out how to get the system to recognize me as _www user.
In the terminal,

sudo -u username command

ought to do the trick. man sudo will give you all the options.

> sudo -u _www chmod +w DueSoon.ics did not work.

I still couldn't get it to work. I think the whole directory is limited to writes by _www. Not sure how many directories I want to change permissions on for this experiment so....

I just removed the calendar and the Omnifocus.ofocus file...

Not good.... I think I just broke everything. Awesome.

The <my_comp>.local server returned “forbidden” (403) in response to a request to “MKCOL /webdav/OmniFocus.ofocus-copy-in-progress-ataffdLol_3”.

Totally hosed beyond belief now. Restarted apache server and no dice.

Guess I'll be movin' on to Bonjour Sync and it's totally annoying initial fail each and every time in syncs to my machine.

Wish I could use a public webDAV but can't put company info on random servers in the cloud...

I spent way too much time getting this webDAV to work...

Anyway... thanks for trying to help. I do appreciate it.

well... finally got my webDAV working again. Not sure how - just messed with grabbing a bunch of different backups and going back and forth.

Still no calendar syncing on the iPhone. It's like there's something somewhere that is telling the iPhone that it's already told me to subscribe to the calendar and it's never going to remind me again. I can toggled Calendar Export on and off and it still won't ask me to subscribe to the calendar again.

Now that I've removed the DueSoon.ics calendar from the webDAV directory, I find it odd that OF iPhone won't even try to make a new copy of that file.

Quote:
> sudo -u _www chmod +w DueSoon.ics did not work.
Sorry, I didn't spell it out clearly enough. I was expecting you to do

sudo -u _www emacs DueSoon.ics (or whatever your favorite edit command is) which would let your editor run as the _www user.

Quote:
I still couldn't get it to work. I think the whole directory is limited to writes by _www. Not sure how many directories I want to change permissions on for this experiment so....
None would have been the answer...

Quote:
well... finally got my webDAV working again. Not sure how - just messed with grabbing a bunch of different backups and going back and forth.
Great!

Quote:
Still no calendar syncing on the iPhone. It's like there's something somewhere that is telling the iPhone that it's already told me to subscribe to the calendar and it's never going to remind me again. I can toggled Calendar Export on and off and it still won't ask me to subscribe to the calendar again.
Have you tried removing the app from your iPhone, then reinstalling it?