The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Trouble clipping from Firefox [Use bookmarklet] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Can someone point me to the new thread. Can't clip in Firefox and have the same issue described here.

There isn't a clipping handler for Firefox because Firefox doesn't supply the necessary hook in Applescript to get the selected text. All you can do is use the bookmarklet mentioned in the thread to grab the URL and title of the page you are looking at and send it to OmniFocus.

It does look like the bookmarklet could be enhanced to grab the selection and stuff it in the URI that creates the action, but that would require some knowledge of Javascript, I'm afraid enhancing a bookmarklet I don't use for a browser I don't use isn't a sufficiently intriguing project to even copy it to my "Probably never, if even then" list :-) You might try inquiring of the author of this article: http://www.macstories.net/stories/al...nto-omnifocus/ as they appear to know of such a version.