The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Google Talk within Omniweb Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I searched the groups for google talk but couldn't find an answer.

Is there a way to set up omniweb so that I can use google talk within gmail? I'm using OW 5.5.4

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorgradstudent
I searched the groups for google talk but couldn't find an answer.

Is there a way to set up omniweb so that I can use google talk within gmail? I'm using OW 5.5.4

Thanks!
I wouldn't bother ... use Adium or Proteus if it's still in existence ... they're free and support other protocols simultaneously. I used to use Proteus but had to give up when the latest version no longer supported file transfers within MSN, and moved over to Adium, which required a lot of customisation before I could bear it, but which does work well. I still prefer the Proteus drawer to Adium's tabs along the bottom, though.

Mark

The google chat help pages specifically mention using Firefox or IE. Spoofing as firefox makes gmail completely unusable, and with IE, it forces you into 'basic' mode. So I suspect it isn't possible to use google chat in OmniWeb.