The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus 1.6.2 for iPhone is now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
We've launched our first two iPad apps, OmniGraffle and OmniGraphSketcher! We anticipate that OmniFocus for iPad will be ready in June; for more information on our iPad plans, see blog.omnigroup.com.

Meanwhile, OmniFocus 1.6.2 for iPhone is a minor update to OmniFocus which focuses on workflow improvements and bug fixes.

Workflow
  • Groups are now considered actionable. They can block other actions in a sequence, and are eligible to become the first "next action" for a project. Groups are blocked by their children.
  • Groups and projects can now appear in Context mode perspectives.

Stability
  • Fixed a crash encountered when an omnifocus:///change-setting URL specified a setting which wasn't registered.
  • Fixed a crash sometimes encountered when handling a "Send to OmniFocus" request from another app.
  • Fixed a crash sometimes encountered when leaving the Nearby list.
  • Fixed a crash encountered when deleting an action from the Nearby list.

Bugs
  • Fixed a bug where Due Soon, Overdue, and Blocked items wouldn't always update on schedule.
  • Fixed a bug which could cause duplication of a repeating due project or group during synchronization.
  • Fixed a bug where the Context screen was no longer showing its title.
  • Fixed 1.6.1's regressions in navigation, which were causing bugs opening items linked from other apps (particularly calendar alerts) or moved within OmniFocus itself.
  • Fixed an issue where editing a task's due date wouldn't always update its overdue status.

Interface Polish
  • In Settings, reduced the size of the action buttons and updated the text describing the Safari bookmarklet.
  • In Bonjour sync settings, relabeled the "none" entry to say "Connect to database".

We love hearing from you! You can reach us by tapping Send Feedback on the Settings screen, sending email to omnifocus-iphone@omnigroup.com, tweeting to @omnifocus, or calling 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152.

Could you please give some additional details about the workflow improvements (in particular: are they new compared to the desktop version, or were they already present in the desktop version)?

When you say "groups are blocked by their children", does this mean the group becomes available only when all the children are completed, or only when all the children become available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brab View Post
Could you please give some additional details about the workflow improvements (in particular: are they new compared to the desktop version, or were they already present in the desktop version)?
These are some changes that have been in the OmniFocus 1.8 for Mac sneaky peek builds for a few months now, but aren't yet in the shipping desktop release.

Quote:
When you say "groups are blocked by their children", does this mean the group becomes available only when all the children are completed, or only when all the children become available?
The group becomes available when all of its children have been completed. This means that you can configure a perspective to show only "available" items, and the group will pop up when you've completed all of its children.

Thank you SO much for fixing that duplication bug! Had me going bonkers.

Now bring on the iPad version.

BZ

One hiccup with the update for me ...

My custom perspectives have reverted to showing items for all projects again. That was a problem early in 1.6 and I believe fixed with 1.6.1.

I upgraded to 1.6.2 and now I can't launch OmniFocus, even after doing a cold-restart of my iPod Touch. The screen hangs at "Optimizing Database" and then the app crashes. I sent in an email to the support ninjas, but I'm freaking out as I have all my tasks on my iPod and don't have a current backup!!!!

I just checked the iTunes store and the update hasn't shown up yet....

There it is!