The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Cleanup help Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Thanks for this - I was able to reproduce the "jumps when the action is flagged" behavior. (I flagged the new action via the mouse; let me know if you were using a different method.)

One clarification: where you say "select a project" - I assume that means you're assigning a project to the new action, yes? On first reading, I thought you meant selecting a project via mouse or keyboard, but projects don't appear in context view perspectives...

For whatever reason, I wasn't able to get actions to jump around when I typed in start dates, due dates, or projects.

The intended behavior is that actions that are created in the "wrong" places according to the window settings stay where they are. When a Clean Up is triggered from the toolbar or the keyboard shortcut, they all move to the "right" places en masse.

Flagging an action with the mouse is also triggering a Clean Up - it sounds like there are a couple other cases out there that are doing so.

If we can nail down those other triggers, I can file bugs on them, as well.
Brian,

Yes, I used the mouse to flag the action.

Projects DO appear in context perspectives if you add that column - which is what I did. And, yes, I used the mouse to select the project also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Okay, now I really think I have it figured out - it happens when editing an existing row, vs. with a newly-created row. Can you guys confirm that?
My problems did NOT happen when I was editing an existing row. All of my cases happened when creating a new task in the custom perspective - a newly-created row in your terms.

All of my actions were using the mouse to select from a pull-down menu in the newly-created row.

The start and due dates did not move until there was a clean-up, including the clean-up triggered by flagging an action or selecting a project.

Hopefully I have explained it better this time. Thanks!

My problem occurs when entering a new action and when I'm using the autocomplete feature. I'll send photos.