The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspective windows jumping about Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since the latest sneaky peek build whenever I choose a perspective I have created myself the window moves from place to place. Is this because perspectives now remember window positions and somehow it had remembered them from where I previously made them?

Anyway, it's a bit weird.

UPDATE: Ok yes that is what appears to be happening. Trouble is, I can't get all my perspective windows to act the same i.e. Have identical position and size without fiddling about. So it's now re-drawing / sizing the window just a little bit every time I change perspective. Doesn't seem to be the best way of doing things at the minute!

UPDATE 2: Turned off the 'layout' settings tick box on each perspective. Perhaps this feature wasn't working and now it is, resulting in the changed behavior.

Last edited by BevvyB; 2009-08-28 at 04:32 AM..

Yes mine were jumping around too. I want to set one size and window position for Omnifocus and have every Perspective populate that window (unless I open a second window).

Trouble is - if you turn off layout to fix this you then lose the ability to for Perspectives to have their own saved settings for internal layout, such as showing or hiding the sidebar.

I hope these two settings (external dimensions/position versus internal arrangement) can be split from the one "layout" tick box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevvyB View Post
UPDATE 2: Turned off the 'layout' settings tick box on each perspective. Perhaps this feature wasn't working and now it is, resulting in the changed behavior.
Sorry, that change slipped by me in yesterday's update madness. The current window isn't supposed to move when changing perspectives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Sorry, that change slipped by me in yesterday's update madness. The current window isn't supposed to move when changing perspectives.
Tell you what though - having another tick box to remember screen size and placement separate from other stuff would be actually cool!

And while I'm here, how do you get a perspective to open in a new window? (Like say for Reviews)

Last edited by BevvyB; 2009-08-28 at 05:22 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Phew. If you can fix that it will be great. I use a second screen at work and I want to be able to move OF when I get there, and have it stay in position all day, without re-saving all the perspectives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevvyB View Post
Tell you what though - having another tick box to remember screen size and placement separate from other stuff would be actually cool!

And while I'm here, how do you get a perspective to open in a new window? (Like say for Reviews)
Hold down the option key.