The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus 1.6.2 for iPhone is now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Go to this page: http://people.omnigroup.com/kc/Debug...dDatabase.html

and then click the Rebuild OmniFocus Database link there. It will launch OmniFocus, ask for confirmation, and then restart OmniFocus, hopefully successfully!

Sorry, Ken, I sent you a couple of reports of this during the beta. When my iPod failed and I switched back to the production software, that left the bug out of sight and mind by the time you asked if we could think of any reasons not to ship...

Me, too. Crashes in exactly the same way. Restarted my Touch twice to no avail.

:' (

Glad I'm not the only one. Who wants to start a support group???

Last edited by aliteralmind; 2010-04-21 at 04:33 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Oh thank the goodess gracious golly gee willikers.

This worked. Is this problem over, or is the potential still there? This is a heck of a coincidence, given an--I THINK--unrelated support issue I'm dealing with.

Obviously way lower priority, but I've not been able to get any "group" (an action with sub-actions) to show up in any context or due soon or overdue, even if all sub actions are complete.

Oh, and one last thing about this new update: That new sinister looking "reset" button scares the heck out of me. I hope there's at least twenty are-you-sures before the database is actually obliterated.

Last edited by aliteralmind; 2010-04-21 at 04:46 PM..

Just made a sticky thread for the crashing issue.

Patgallant and/or Digitalfilm, I'm really sorry for the trouble this is causing!

You may also be able to work around the crash by rolling the clocks back on your devices. Check the sticky thread for information on how to do so.

(If you have any crash reports from this problem, it may help us get a fix out to other customers faster.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
(If you have any crash reports from this problem, it may help us get a fix out to other customers faster.)
Coincidentally, I've been logging since before the app update, for an unrelated reason. I experienced probably ten crashes while it was logging.

I'll mail it in now.

To be clear, I did not do anything related to time zone or time-anything, either before or after the crashes (nor to "solve" the problem). I don't know of anything different I did that might have caused this. Perhaps trying to get my "groups" (actions with sub-actions) to show up in my contexts...?

What I did to fix the problem was to activate the "rebuild OF db" link. I did not change the time on my Touch.

--Wait, what's a crash report? I don't think the debug log is what you want... I'm sending it anyway, just in case...

Last edited by aliteralmind; 2010-04-21 at 05:56 PM..

I rebuilt my database (thanks for the link!) and it is working now. I emailed Brian C. a zip file containing the crash reports for today, so hopefully that will help pinpoint the issue.

Thanks again.
-Pat

I'm glad to say the rebuild seems to have worked here also. The first time I followed the link it crashed before I could click the button that popped up, the second time I was forewarned and on the third launch all was well.

Thanks,
Lee

I tried OF again this morning and it is crashing again.