The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Emailing Tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Everyone,

I am new here (1st Post) so sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere.

I would love to see 2 things (on iPhone/Pad):

1. Email/Delegation Ability - Quite often I am emailing or delegating tasks to my colleagues as we are often on the road at separate times. The ability to email tasks on the fly will be pure brilliance and have those emails update when there status changes or becomes complete between the delegater and delegatee.

2. A simple Calendar view - At least you can see things from a glance and know whats up and coming at an "aerial view" if you know what I mean

Are these 2 things possible or on the road map for future updates?

Thanks

Be sure to email them on these requests. #1 is very important to me and I have pinged them several times with this request.

I hope when it happens it is done as well as it is done in 2Do. You can email an entire Project containing n# of Tasks, and they can be opened directly in 2Do when you click on the link in Mail.

I, too, have asked for this option at least 3 times to the ninjas. It's also been asked for many times on this forum.

It's really an essential piece. most other todo managers have this.

J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
I, too, have asked for this option at least 3 times to the ninjas. It's also been asked for many times on this forum.

It's really an essential piece. most other todo managers have this.

J.
Hmmm... I'm assuming the number of individual users requesting a feature is counted, not the number of repeat votes from the same user?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
Hmmm... I'm assuming the number of individual users requesting a feature is counted, not the number of repeat votes from the same user?
Of course. Thus isn't Chicago politics.

Check out 2Do. They offer a universal iOS app with great emailing capabilities (@Project or Task level and even the entire database).

Quote:
Originally Posted by policarpo View Post
Of course. Thus isn't Chicago politics.

Check out 2Do. They offer a universal iOS app with great emailing capabilities (@Project or Task level and even the entire database).
eheheh... did you realise that I am in Chicago? ;)

+1 for both requests. And of course they're free to do what every they please, but why does OF only count mail and not forum-entries for requests? That, to me, is very unclear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalError View Post
+1 for both requests. And of course they're free to do what every they please, but why does OF only count mail and not forum-entries for requests? That, to me, is very unclear.
Because that is how their tools work. They don't have any way to make sure they see every forum post, and getting the requests from forum into the development database is make-work that occupies time better spent helping customers. Inefficient, error-prone, and only a small sampling of the user interactions even on a busy day, judging from the auto responder's tracking numbers.

And frankly, if one can't be bothered to do more than click Post Reply and type +1, it strikes me that the feature being requested isn't all that important to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalError View Post
Why does OF only count mail and not forum-entries for requests? That, to me, is very unclear.
Check this thread for more info. Hope this helps!