The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature request: context badges Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This request seems extremely obvious to me, but since it does not appear to be implemented, perhaps it is not.

I find it curious that although the UI has badges in several other places, it does not use them for contexts when you are listing them. Like many users, I have many contexts, but when viewing contexts, there is no indication as to which ones may actually contain any pending items.

If each context item was to have a badge, one could scroll through the list extremely quickly and evaluate only the contexts that need to be addressed.

Scrolling through the expanded list in the right hand pane is not efficient at all since you have to scroll through an order of magnitude or more area.

Go to the context view. Tap and hold the disclosure triangle at the right end of one of the context names in the right hand panel. Select Collapse All. Now you can flick through the list of contexts, seeing how many next actions and how many overdue actions each one has, and contexts with no next actions will be hidden from view. More information provided than a badge.