The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

emailing tasks from OF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
i've read plenty about getting tasks into OF via clippings, send-to-omnifocus, etc. and my mail program, Postbox, is integrated with OF.

but what i want to do is send a task out from OF. seems simple enough and somehow i am missing it (maybe because it's so obvious).

i want to be able to select an OF task (or even group or all tasks in a context) and send them to an email address. in this case, the email address is my organization's online project manager, Teamworkpm.

i would prefer to only use OF for all capture, so i capture tasks for others as i think of them, and set their name as a context. the project manager has a feature that allows for tasks to be emailed by using the appropriate syntax, so i can simply sends tasks (or a list of tasks) to the online project manager. easy enough, but i can't for the life of me figure out how to export or email tasks out of OF.

i'm currently using OF for Mac and iPhone, so would appreciate responses for both, but am also (if i can figure this out) going to finally shell out the cash for OF for iPad.

is there a script, contextual menu, anything? it seems odd that i can't easily select the title/body of a task or group and email them. cut/paste is not efficient because i'd have to cut/paste on both the title and body.

surely other people need to get tasks out of OF to others that are not using OF?

thanks in advance for any help