The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

F5 key not working for applying styles? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I create custom styles, they have the labels next to them: F1, F2, etc. And the corresponding key toggles that style for the selection. But for some reason F5 doesn't work. I use F5 in other apps, so I know it's not a hardware problem. If I press F1, F2, etc, I can watch the styles turn on and off, but not F5.

Bug?

This is OmniOutliner Pro 4.0.2 (v163.2)

thanks,
Rob

I have the same problem, every other function key seems to work fine, except F5. The key works, it not a hardware problem. I closed all other programs to make sure something else wasn't set to use F5. OS X uses F5 for voice over, but I do not have that selected.

Anyone have any ideas? Not a big issue, but a bit annoying.

(I emailed tech support yesterday, haven't heard back yet.

Found out why. F5 is already tied to finishing words in OS X text apps. For instance if you type "supply" in OO4 and hit F5 it gives you a list of words beginning with "supply" that you could plug in.

Don't know how to turn this off, but it's easy enough to change OO4's shortcuts so you don't have to use function keys for hotkeys anyway.

Figured I would update this incase anyone else notices and were wondering.

Likewise. I can apply my F5 style to entire rows, but if a row is in "edit" mode, F5 no longer works. Worked fine in OO3.