The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Grouping tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I apologize for this newbie question, but I'm just coming back to OmniPlan after not using it for about a year.

When I'm drafting a plan, I start typing out the tasks. Typically, I think of a task, type it, and then type all the subtasks that are going to be a part of it.

Then of course I realize I want to "group" the subtasks. Unfortunately, I've already typed the "parent" task, and when I group the subtasks, I now have a new "parent" task.

How do folks get around this conundrum? Do you make a point of NOT typing the parent task when you're setting up the plan, and then when you hit "group" you let that procedure create the parent task?

Just wondering...

Thanks!

if you select the children tasks and choose indent, it will group them under the previous task instead of creating a new parent.

Thanks!