The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Firewall Message when running OmniPlan Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been running the registered version of OmniPlan 1.6 for about 2 days, when this morning my Mac Firewall popped up and asked me if I wanted to allow incoming connections to OmniPlan.app. I said no, and everything still seems to work.

Does anyone know what Omniplan needs to accept incoming connections for? My license is a Computer based one, so I don't think it's another user on the network trying to acquire a license, but it makes me nervous when apps are talking to the work without a good reason.

Our licensing code will talk to your local network - and only the local network - regardless of what type of license you have installed. That's likely what this was. Someone else fired up OmniPlan and it tried to talk to your copy.

Last edited by Brian; 2008-10-03 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: added 3rd sentence for increased clarity.