The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus 1.5 Wish List Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Aaron,

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh19 View Post
You CAN print documents in black & white. In the print dialog, under Colorsync, choose Quartz filter and B&W or gray, or sepia, or whatever you want. Not sure if this will work with all printers, but it does on mine (not a B&W, BTW). You can save these settings as a Preset in the print dialog and make sure it's chosen every time you print to that printer.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've finally gotten around to trying this, and discovered that it doesn't work. In fact, it's worse than not using a filter at all. If I try using greyscale, the printout is just as hard to read as it was printing directly in colour on a black-and-white printer, and when I tried the black & white filter, any action which is due soon simply disappears!

The problem is that the colours used are too light, so the Quartz filter translates the (pale orange) text into white text on a white background. Urgh.

If only Omni would fix the feature in the first place. I can live without the colour indications on a B&W printer, but not having text appear at all in a printout is downright dangerous -- I was wondering why I got all these blank lines in my printout, until I went back to the computer and compared it with the original in OF.

- Erik.

1) Aliases for actions; I often find myself having two or more independent projects that depend on the same action. For example, I need to sign up for driving classes and I need to get a new student card. Both of these are independent projects, yet they both depend on the same action: I need to take new photos before I can sign up or ask for a new card.

2) Native iPhone application.

3) Multiple contexts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaoPinheiro View Post
1) Aliases for actions; I often find myself having two or more independent projects that depend on the same action. For example, I need to sign up for driving classes and I need to get a new student card. Both of these are independent projects, yet they both depend on the same action: I need to take new photos before I can sign up or ask for a new card.
I was just thinking the same thing the other day. This would be a useful addition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik_westra View Post
Aaron,
Thanks for the suggestion. I've finally gotten around to trying this, and discovered that it doesn't work. In fact, it's worse than not using a filter at all. If I try using greyscale, the printout is just as hard to read as it was printing directly in colour on a black-and-white printer, and when I tried the black & white filter, any action which is due soon simply disappears!

The problem is that the colours used are too light, so the Quartz filter translates the (pale orange) text into white text on a white background. Urgh.

If only Omni would fix the feature in the first place. I can live without the colour indications on a B&W printer, but not having text appear at all in a printout is downright dangerous -- I was wondering why I got all these blank lines in my printout, until I went back to the computer and compared it with the original in OF.

- Erik.
OK. Yes, when I first replied I wasn't realizing that there would be different colors of text.... It seems to me that the only options for printing B&W are:
1) wait for Omni to give us a B&W printing solution
2) write a script that differentiates the text for printing (italics for orange, bold italics for red, maybe?)

It does seem like an important feature to have. Especially in the office setting, sometimes the only printer right at hand is a B&W laser.

I know this is the wish list, so I shouldn't discuss much more than wishes here. Try posting an applescript request in the sister OmniFocus forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
(25) Linked files in notes include the filename next to the icon.
++ or underneath.

I'd like to see, in project view, a total of duration for the tasks in a project that have an assigned duration (similar to what is in OO). The summary should use weeks, days, hours, minutes as appropriate (just displaying a summary in hours for a project that can take weeks of work is not helpful).

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjwoodward View Post
I would love to see:

1) Omniplan integration. Putting a shopping list in omniplan is excessive and managing a project in omnifocus is not possible.
2) The ability to visually display start and stop times like omniplan does (maybe just integration with omniplan would be sufficient). This could be fixed by syncing actions as "events" and not "to dos" in ical. A list is great but some people need to visualise it and may not be prepared to pay for omniplan.
3) Better ical support, namely the ability to enter events in. It does not make sense for everything to be a "To Do".

These are all big things for me and I think they need to be included in a 1.5 release, along with iphone support.

Thanks.
I have to second this post (plus one). I would love . . . .

1. OmniPlan integration really needs to be done. It just makes sense.
2. iPhone support, of course. I don't have one but plan to get v2 (w/3G) in June.
3. iCal support. Ability to add events and alarms.
4. Dashboard widget. I would be nice to have access to my tasks via a widget.

Last edited by joeworkman; 2008-03-21 at 01:37 PM..

The ability to delete notes from entries without having to do it manually (that is, select the note text and delete it). I should be able to right-click the note icon and pick a delete note option or click that option in the edit menu. Preferably, this should be do-able on multiple entries at once.

Read here for the reason why:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?p=35696

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT View Post
14) Similarly, if you have nested actions, the parent should adopt the earliest start and latest due dates of the children.
Need both of these please:

Originally Posted by Craig
(6) Inherited due dates: In any sequential project/group, a later action with a due date forces all previous actions to be due that same time (unless they already have an earlier due date).

14) Similarly, if you have nested actions, the parent should adopt the earliest start and latest due dates of the children.

(ahem!) iPhone OmniFocus that syncs (yes!!), put me on the beta tester list!!

-steve