The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

New OmniWeb Product Icon Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
IMHO, the best browser icon out right now is Fx. The juxtaposition of the orange fox and the blue globe gives the icon dimensionality, while also looking equally good across platforms. I personally hate "aqua-fied" icons, with lots of gel and blue transparency. Despite its blue, Camino also has a nice icon, emaphasizing the connections of the WWW over the geography, and further combined with the "compass" metaphor.

I find the current OW icon a bit dated. I can continue to live with it, but my recommendation would be to hire Jon Hicks and turn him loose on it!

I second that!

:)

You people should take a look at
http://www.icons.cx/icons/

There are some excellent Omniweb icons there.

While there is a single icon , Amar's "Plastic Internet Apps" is a state of art:

http://amarsagoo.info/design/icons/index.shtml

Look at the Omniweb icon there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handycam
IMHO, the best browser icon out right now is Fx. The juxtaposition of the orange fox and the blue globe gives the icon dimensionality, while also looking equally good across platforms. I personally hate "aqua-fied" icons, with lots of gel and blue transparency. Despite its blue, Camino also has a nice icon, emaphasizing the connections of the WWW over the geography, and further combined with the "compass" metaphor.
Just goes to show there's no accounting for taste :)
I think the FF icon is the worst one on my dock. It looks like an icon for the Romulan Senate.

Meeow! ;o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hicks
Meeow! ;o)
Hehe. So is this the first person you've found that didn't like it? I'm sure it's not, but you probably did just find another one in a million.

Anyway—more than just a globe wouldn't be bad, imho. There are so many applications where a globe would be appropriate, so why not find sth more distinctive?

OTOH—personally, I don't care at all about the icon an application uses. So maybe it's not really important. If I were the one in charge, though, I'd try to find sth that's more distinctive than a globe. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
Hehe. So is this the first person you've found that didn't like it? I'm sure it's not, but you probably did just find another one in a million.
He, course not. It was the über-geeky 'Romulan Senate' insult that made me chuckle! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hicks
He, course not. It was the über-geeky 'Romulan Senate' insult that made me chuckle! :D
Yeah, that was kind of White and Nerdy ;)