The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Is 1.5 stable enough to use? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is the sneakypeak v1.5 beta stable enough to use?

It's a difficult question to provide a definitive answer for. I can say that I've been using the sneakypeek releases for several months now without any significant disruption to my workflow. In any beta test, stuff may pop up, though.

If you have zero room in your workflow for something to do so, I'd recommend sticking with the 1.0 release until we finalize. I don't expect that we'll hit anything show-stopping, but the possibility does exist.

I seriously can't recall a crash in months. So the answer, for me, is a definite yes.

And if you want to use the iPhone version and sync, you really have no choice but to use it.

It's been as reliable as the public version for me.

same here

And here. :)

Ditto. I've not had a single issue with OmniFocus since I started using it, including the sneakypeeks. Others have, however, so backup and backup regularly!

Hi Kit... the only problem I have had is having to rebuild my synced database (between desktop and iphone through MobileMe) quite often as the database grows to huge sizes and slows the iphone app down. For some reason, this "rebuild" process should be easy, but it takes a horribly long time to work through my idisk.

Other than that, the desktop app is pretty much flawless and worth it to be able to use OF on the iphone. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorgiGirl View Post
Hi Kit... the only problem I have had is having to rebuild my synced database (between desktop and iphone through MobileMe) quite often as the database grows to huge sizes and slows the iphone app down. For some reason, this "rebuild" process should be easy, but it takes a horribly long time to work through my idisk.
I've been running the sneakypeeks since the OF iPhone app was released. Same story here, very few crashes and (more importantly) no loss of data. Rebuilding my sync db is part of the routine for me, as CorgiGirl wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorgiGirl View Post

Other than that, the desktop app is pretty much flawless and worth it to be able to use OF on the iphone. :)
This doesn't happen for you automatically in your sleep if you leave everything on and running OmniFocus? That should get you a compaction every week or so on your current schedule :-)