The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus Introduction Video Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey, friends! I made another video. In it, I cover the whole application (as of 1.0) and sync. Hope you enjoy!

OmniFocus for iPhone video - 9 MIN

(It's kinda big so I'll be posting a smaller one soon.)

Last edited by kaebot; 2008-07-10 at 12:33 PM..

thanks for the new video. Is it possible to have it converted to mp4 so it can be viewed directly on the touch/iPhone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurky View Post
thanks for the new video. Is it possible to have it converted to mp4 so it can be viewed directly on the touch/iPhone?
You can do this yourself, unless you'd prefer to wait. Download the original file to your desktop, then drag it into iTunes. Go to the Movies tab, select the video, do Advanced->Convert Selection for iPod/iPhone and wait for it to finish. Sync the movie over to your iPhone and watch.

Have you actually watched someone watch your video? You have no problem following what you're doing because you live the program, but when you give NO INDICATION OF WHAT BUTTONS YOU ARE PRESSING and screens are flying around all over the place, it's pretty frustrating.

@whpalmer4

I know how to convert videos myself, but the thing is, I often surf these forums on my touch when I'm away from a computer. This is precisely the time when I want to learn about the programs. So I could do it myself, but not when I actually want to watch the video and learn on the touch/iphone. And it would be a nice service with a simple button click.

I'm just assuming this need has never been relevant as a best practice before since this is Ommi's first iphone app.

Oh, I quite agree that it would be a handy thing for them to put it up in mp4 form. I was just making sure you knew that you could do it yourself and not have to wait for someone else to do it for you.

I thought the voice over was excellent. Hard not to be happy about the new app with that perky a voice explaining it all :)

While this video was very helpful, what's frustrating is the things that you left out because you are so familiar with the program. You should show this video to a complete novice and have them stop you whenever they have a question. Then you should re-record the video with those questions answered.

For example, you show how to create a new action and you then show the options to create a new context, project, start date, due date and flag. But you don't explain why you would want to take these actions and the ramifications of completing these fields. I'm sure that you think it's all "self evident" but this video is for newbies like me. You should assume that nothing is self-evident.

I cannot tell you how thoroughly pleased and impressed I am with the duo of desktop and iPhone products....I just got them tonight and I'm off to the races.

I've played with PM software for years--most recently iGTD and my own home-brewed Bento.

The selling point became two-fold: integration with the iPhone and OF product elegance. What I didn't expect was how the quick modal properties--folding in with drag and drop simplicity--completely wowed me.

I've also loved your outliner and graffle products so I knew I couldn't go wrong.

As for the video. Good at covering the essentials. I was a little thrown off at first because I didn't have the required beta version. Even though it was duly noted textually...maybe that might have been better covered (overtly) in the video. My guess is that a few earlier posters were likewise confused.

Hey glad I jumped onto this. Delighted! Bravo!

Last edited by Brian; 2008-07-14 at 12:54 AM.. Reason: Off-topic.

That is quite possibly the cutest voice I have ever heard. Good work :D