The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How are items ordered in Projects perspective? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I click on the default Projects perspective, and I see a full list of all the actions grouped by Projects ... but I cannot figure out how the actions are ordered within each group. Since it's a Projects view, clicking on the Flag or Context icon doesn't change the order of actions within the Projects.

Is there a way I can set an order within all the Projects in this view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbar View Post
I click on the default Projects perspective, and I see a full list of all the actions grouped by Projects ... but I cannot figure out how the actions are ordered within each group. Since it's a Projects view, clicking on the Flag or Context icon doesn't change the order of actions within the Projects.

Is there a way I can set an order within all the Projects in this view?
In the projects view, you can manually reorder items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
In the projects view, you can manually reorder items.
Or use the Edit -> Sort menu option (also available when right-clicking on selected items).

Note that this does a destructive sort, meaning that the sort is not temporary like happens when using the view filters.

But CatOne's answer is probably better. Usually you'd want to put your actions into some kind of meaningful order manually. The sort options under the Edit menu are usually only useful for actions in single action lists or parallel projects where execution order is less significant.

-Dennis

Last edited by Toadling; 2010-04-13 at 09:26 AM..

Just to cover all the bases, if the sidebar of project view has been hidden, you can expose it by clicking at the extreme left edge of the window.

Once the project sidebar is visible, you should see the same ordering of projects - top to bottom - in both portions of the window.