The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Viewing/reporting on multiple (but not all) projects within omnifocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As part of my strategy review, I have a number of projects that I'm specifically tracking for the next 90 days in addition to a plethora of projects/tasks as part of my normal workweek.

How can I highlight and report on only these specific 90-day, high priority projects and hide the rest so I can either share with a colleague or stay focused myself?

It seems like there should be a way to do this with perspectives by specifically selecting the projects in question and creating a perspective. However, it would be much easier if I could create a perspective with tags (ie. 90DAY).

Is there a better way?

If you want a perspective dedicated to this particular list of projects, you'll want to select them in the sidebar of project view, use View -> Focus on from the menu bar, and save the resulting view as a new perspective under that menu.

If you're looking for a more general solution, set up a perspective that includes one of the "is flagged" options in the Status filter, then flag the projects that are currently on your hotlist during your reviews.

Hope this helps!

You can also use a "sorta tag" solution but putting the phrase "90DAY" as a note (or even in the title) in each of your projects and then make a perspective using that search term in the toolbar (and whatever filters you want).

This frees up flags for other things (like a today perspective) and allows you to easily add or remove project to your 90 day outlook.

Eric