The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to get same flagged perspective from iOS on the Mac? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The way Omnifocus on the iOS presents flagged items is really unique. It is a kind of mixture between the available and remaining filter. It shows all available actions AND it also shows all unavailable actions from sequential projects. For actions that have a startdate sometime in the future it doesn't show anything as it is the case with the Mac version.

I would really love to have the flagged "unavailable" actions from sequential projects show up in my Mac flagged view as well.

I really don't understand why there is such inconsistency between Omnifocus Mac and iOS.

You can edit the Flagged perspective to be the same as the iOS one. The settings you want are context filter All Contexts, grouping Ungrouped, sorting by Project, availability Remaining, status filter Flagged, estimated time filter Any. Make sure you have both the No Contexts and Contexts sections of the sidebar selected. When you have the settings how you want them, do Perspectives->Save Window As... and choose Flagged. If you ever want to return the perspective to factory stock, there's an option in the gear menu in the Perspectives window to do that.

You won't get the hiding of actions with future start dates, however...have to choose between that and seeing unavailable actions. Personally, I like not seeing the unavailable actions in the Mac's flagged view vs. the iPad, because I have a lot of similar projects where there's a flagged action a few actions in, and I'm using the flag as a way to signal that the next action needs to be done quickly. The way I use flags (marking things I want to work on in the near future, but don't necessarily have a strict due date) I don't ever have a flag that I need to see until it is available.

My workflow is similar to yours. I flag all actions I want to work on today and I am also flagging actions from sequential projects that I want to show up in my flagged view without showing flagged actions with a later start date like it is the case on the iPad. This way I can see with a glance how much work I have today and I can better see my progress.

I've tried all possible settings in OF to reach this available with all sequential-unavailable action view but I think it's just not possible.

Omnigroup have a reason to handle unavailable actions from a sequential project differently than unavailable actions with a later start date on iOS. Now they should just make this also available on the Mac.