The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iCal Sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iCal sync produces off-by-one error with due date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

[I have not been following the forum super-closely for a few months now, so apologies if this is a FAQ. I searched.]

I'm using 96165 under Leopard. Syncing with iCal produces to-do items whose due date is one day ahead of the due date for the task in OmniFocus. I assume this is a bug, and I've logged it. Is anyone else seeing this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	430   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.png
Views:	635
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	431  

I have both seen this bug and still awaiting for a solutions to get rid of the bug. Until this is solved, it' squite difficult to use OmniFocus together with iCal.

But I have confidence in the Omni team to solve this bug before the release of the stable 1.0 version of OmniFocus. Beta is always beta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hoadley View Post
I'm using 96165 under Leopard. Syncing with iCal produces to-do items whose due date is one day ahead of the due date for the task in OmniFocus. I assume this is a bug, and I've logged it. Is anyone else seeing this?
This is an iCal bug introduced in Leopard: the value in the database is actually a specific time on that date, and it's stored correctly in the central calendar database, but in timezones East of GMT iCal is assigning the wrong date to the value when it reads it from the database. (This also leads to bogus synchronization conflicts.)

We keep hoping Apple will fix it soon, but the workaround we're considering is to drop the time from the value and just publish the date. (That won't bother iCal, since it doesn't pay attention to the time anyway; but it would be an unfortunate loss for other clients synchronizing with the database, such as phones and other handheld devices.)

Just a quick question re iCal. I hope this is the right place for this.

Currently in iCal, my calendars are based on categories. So, I'll have a personal calendar, a calendar to do with some stuff I've got to deal with on ebay (I have a little ebay shop), some stuff todo with one projects at work, another for another project at work and so on...

The problem with this is, this context iCal syncing thing dosn't work for me. A task in the Email context could apply to all of those calendars I mentioned above. Something in the mac context could also apply to all of those categories.

So... what's the best way I should be using my iCal Calanders???? How do you all do it?

I would say OmniFocus should allow should allow project rather than/as well as context syncing but that will get a bit tedious as you'll always need to add projects to the sync list if you want to sync them. What about folder syncing?? That way all projects in a particular folder could be synced? Then would get around the problem of having to add a project to the list every-time I want to sync? Just an idea.

I must add.. this app is fantastic. I usually drop these GTD apps within a few hours. I really do feel like this one has changed the way I work. I'm much more focused. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
This is an iCal bug introduced in Leopard
Sigh... :-) Thanks for the info Ken.

THANKS for the latest build!!! Now it WORKS as expected.