The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.11 final now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ticket numbers OG651243 and OG650670. Missing my favorite browser :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
No, it's working for me. (I'm posting this from OmniWeb 5.11 on Lion.)

Are you sending in those crash reports? If so, could you post the ticket number from one of them so we can investigate?
Ken- I'm seeing this as well. In fact, OmniCrashCatcher is crashing too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
I'm having trouble launching OW 5.11 in Lion. I get a guaranteed crash every time I open the app. Anyone else get the same?
OmniWeb on Lion is working just fine here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple4ever View Post
Ken- I'm seeing this as well. In fact, OmniCrashCatcher is crashing too!
Hmm, CrashCatcher was certainly crashing in earlier builds of OmniWeb, but it's working for me in the final 5.11 release. Could you double-check the exact build number you're running? (The build number is listed in the About panel.)

I'm posting this from OmniWeb 5.11 on Lion (build v622.16 r151183).

Last edited by Ken Case; 2011-07-24 at 04:17 PM..

My build also appears to be 622.16.0.151183.

FYI, I have also started getting the following message, which may or may not be related:

Your global history index is already being used on the machine "my-machine-name.local".

The history index can only be used by one OmniWeb at a time. You can either disable the history search functionality for this session or delete the current index and start a new one.

Quit Delete Index Disable Index

I only have one version of OmniWeb (5.11) on my machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Hmm, CrashCatcher was certainly crashing in earlier builds of OmniWeb, but it's working for me in the final 5.11 release. Could you double-check the exact build number you're running? (The build number is listed in the About panel.)

I'm posting this from OmniWeb 5.11 on Lion (build v622.16 r151183).
Ken, mine is v622.16. r151183. I sent in the crashes for both to support@omnigroup.com

But somehow I got CrashCatcher going again.

However, it seems to have something to do with Favorites.html in the OmniWeb 5 folder. Renaming that, and it doesn't crash.

Last edited by apple4ever; 2011-07-25 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: Added new info

You know, I actually had a crash on launch problem related to my Favorites file when I upgraded my home machine to Lion over the weekend.

I sent in the crash report, but then forgot to file the bug. I'll rectify that oversight right now. :-)

I seem to have cured the issue for now (although in a less than ideal way) by dragging the bookmarks.html file from the [local]>Library>Applications Support>OmniWeb 5 folder to the desktop. Adding bookmarks is now possible but importing the bookmarks from the bookmarks.html file causes an immediate crash. The same, synced, bookmarks file is running fine on another MacBook Pro I have that is running OmniWeb 5.11 on Snow Leopard.

Curious.

I think apple4ever might have it right in implicating CrashCatcher, as it could very well be that CrashCatcher is taking the browser down, rather than the browser crash invoking CrashCatcher.

Running Omniweb 5.11 on Lion with no problems. Still my favourite browser!

You know, you can test this simply by removing Crash Catcher from within OW and then returning the bookmarks.html file to its original position.