The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Align objects to a curve? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, this is my first post...

Is there any easy way to align a group of objects to a curve? I'm making a complex diagram with about 100 small rectangles. I want to show them as 5 arcs of 20 rectangles each.

What I've tried doing is drawing a circle in another layer, and manually moving the small rectangles to the arc. That works, but clearly, is not efficient.

Is there an easy way to have the software do this for me?

Thanks!

There's a handy AppleScript that Peter McMaster made to arrange objects in a circle here, you should check out his other scripts as well.

Hope it does what you're looking for.

Not exactly...I'm looking for something a bit more more free-form here.

Another approach... can shapes be connected to the midpoint of a line? Then I could connect the bottom of each of these small rectangles to a midpoint on a curve, and manipulate it that way. Would that work?

Back to the top of the list!

Please don't add posts to a thread just to manipulate the placement within the forum it's in. See point two of our forum rules, posted here. That just clutters up the forums with content that isn't helpful or useful to other visitors.

If you need a guaranteed response from someone at Omni, the correct approach is to email the support ninjas.