The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF for iPad asking for sync server password Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

I used to use the omnifocus sync server, but am now trying to move to wifi based syncing to keep my ipad and mac in sync. But after reinstalling OF on the ipad, when I choose my mac for a wifi sync, it asks me for the Omnifocus Sync server password.

Any ideas what is happening?

Thanks

Also forgot to mention that I can't actually type anything into the password field. Seems like a bug to me.

Try rebooting your iPad. Hold down the button on the top until the power-off slider appears. Use it. When the device shuts down, hold the button for a few seconds, until you get the Apple emblem. Launch OmniFocus once again and see if it works.

I believe the asking for the OmniFocus Sync Service password is a bug, and if you type in the password you set up for your Bonjour sync on the Mac, the right thing will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishk View Post
Also forgot to mention that I can't actually type anything into the password field. Seems like a bug to me.
Sorry for the trouble this is causing! If you have one of the iOS 4.2 pre-release builds installed, that can cause this. We'll have it fixed in our next release, but for the time being, you can paste the login/password info into those fields. If that doesn't get you up and running, you may want to contact our support ninjas so they can assist.

Thanks for the replies. Pasting the password works!