The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus License Type is Grayed Out Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, everyone.

I downloaded OmniFocus after installing Lion, and I retrieved my license key with my email address. I installed the software then entered in my name and license key, and I noticed the Type was grayed out on Personal. In the past, I had to choose a license type, and I'm wondering why it's disabled?

It hasn't stopped me from using OmniFocus. I'm up and running, but I'm curious if the license types are no longer needed?

Adam

I just spoke with Omni's tech support about this — it's probably a permissions issue.

If you activate it as a Personal License, you can move
Code:
/Users/<you>/Library/Application Support/Omni Group/Software Licenses
to
Code:
/Library/Application Support/Omni Group/Software Licenses
, to make it a Computer License.

Haha! It's almost been a year since I posted this question. I honestly haven't done anything about it and OF is working just fine. I figured it was no longer an issue to assign the type of license, but I appreciate your answer. :)