The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

canvas origin and location in gray background can lead to screwy printing? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm having trouble getting some canvases to print correctly.

Cavas 1 in the file prints correctly on 8 1/2 by 11 paper. Canvas 2 prints the drawings, but super tiny, and in the upper right corner (a bit bleeds off the right and top of the paper's edge). I've reproduced this on 2 Lexmark printers.

However, if I export as an image or PDF, then print from those exports, the canvas prints fine. (Except there's too much white space at the top and bottom, but I'll take that for now.)

What I've noticed is that the "location" of the bad canvases on the gray working background is super close to the left and/or top edge. Meanwhile the good canvas appears in the middle of its gray working background. I don't know how to move the canvases, or if that's even possible.

Any ideas what is causing this? I've attached the file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip uxmistress 3.zip (14.6 KB, 385 views)

Update: the problem seems to stem from a shared layer. When I apply my header/footer shared layer (by dragging it from an existing canvas), the canvas moves to the upper left of the working area, right up against the rulers. No matter how much I zoom out, I never see the gray background around the canvas in the left or top sides.

Turns out it wasn't even the whole layer, just the shapes in the shared layer. They seemed ordinary except that they screwed up printing and the canvas placement. Recreating the shapes in a new shared layer (they were just text) fixed it.