I'm having this problem and I don't understand this part of Jameson's instructions:
Originally Posted by wellerpond
Select "All Items" from the Perspectives menu, and copy and paste any missing info into your main document on the Mac, and run a sync. Then, run a sync on your iPhone. This should put your iPhone and Mac back in sync. While we fix the bug, it's good practice to run a sync on the iPhone before you quit the app, without making any edits.
In particular, that "paste any missing info into your main document on the Mac" ...
(1) What is the 'main document' ?
(2) And how do we determine what is missing ?
I'm also confused by the ", and run a sync. Then, run a sync on your iPhone."
(3) Do you mean run a sync twice ?
(4) Or are you talking about an iPhone Sync with iTunes vs. an OmniFocus database sync and you mean for us to do both?
Finally, the last part of the last sentence, "run a sync on the iPhone before you quit the app, without making any edits."
(5) Does this mean when running the Mac version, sync it to your iPhone before quitting?
(6) But what does 'without making any edits' mean? To the iPhone version? Obviously you have to make 'edits' (add tasks, projects, review, check off items, etc.) on both versions at different times, in order to use them...
(7) It doesn't mean to sync to the Mac when finished running the iPhone version, that you have to sync before quitting the iPhone version, does it? That would be hard (I'd have to lug around my Mac everywhere my iPhone goes)! ;)
Of course, I'm now halfway through this process (having used the Sync Database option) and now I have none of the tasks I'd added to my iPhone over the past few days. (Should have listened to my intuition and not started this on a Sunday... :o !)
Anyway, Bill, or anyone (Jameson), others, any advice?
Short version: What "main document" do I copy my items to--I *can* see the 'new' items when I open the emailed database file on my Mac (which is running 1.7.5 OF--my iPhone is running 1.6), I just don't know where to paste them in, after I copy them (assuming I can find all the discrepancies, and to do that I compare it with ... ? Again, I don't know what the "main document" is or where it is, in order to compare the two versions and find missing items/discrepancies between the two DBs).