The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Alert error opening file Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Nooooo...! I've been working on a project file for the last week or so, with some important information in it, but it seems the file has become corrupted!

When trying to open it, I get the following Alert message: "duration done must be less than or equal to the duration" and it fails to load.

I see it is an XML based file format, so please, please say there is a fix around this?!

This is in OmniPlan 1.1 (v131.3).

Many thanks,

Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.munday
Nooooo...! I've been working on a project file for the last week or so, with some important information in it, but it seems the file has become corrupted!

When trying to open it, I get the following Alert message: "duration done must be less than or equal to the duration" and it fails to load.

I see it is an XML based file format, so please, please say there is a fix around this?!

This is in OmniPlan 1.1 (v131.3).

Many thanks,

Ian
Hi Ian,

We received your file and and were able to edit some of the XML to make the file readable again. I've sent it back to you thru email.

We have a bug report open for this in our database and will try to fix this ASAP. If anyone else comes across this problem, please email your file to omniplan@omnigroup.com.

I just fixed this issue in the 1.1.1 release. It may still be possible to make a task think it's 125% complete or whatever (and I'd sure like to hear how, if so!) but the file will now open just fine and cap completion at 100% on load.

-Tom