The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Essays and screenplays Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for the perfect software ;), so I figure I ask here, and see how close can OO can come. This is what I want. I want to be able to gather clippings from the web, and other places, text, pictures, links, drag and drop them into pages inside the application for my research into stories. I want software that allows me to outline, that allows the outline to be visible at the same time as I see the full text, and be able to move around the outline sections at the same time that I see the text, so the editing is real-time and as quick as possible. I want to be able to do all this without touching the mouse. Once I have a strong outline. I want to be able to go in either one of two directions. An essay, so I want a full rich text editor, or a screenplay, so I want a full context editor that can switch from character to character and scene to scene in a seamless manner and without touching the mouse. I would like to keep the outline portion of the software in sync with the essay or the screenplay so I can always change my mind and re-arrange the order of either. Editable real-time index cards would be a plus. Can OO do this?
Best regards,
Steven