The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Associate contexts with people (Adressbook, buddy list, ...) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Having a communication-focused job, I often use people as contexts to remind me of things I want to discuss with a particular person.

I'd love to be able to actually associate these contexts with the actual record of this person in my Adressbook or IM contact list. Omnifocus could then allow me to directly fire up an email to this person or start a skype call from within the context view.

Taking this one step further it would be factastic if omnifocus could even remind me of the tasks associated with this person whenever I am in Mail.app reading or writing an email to this person or on Skype with him/her. I know this would require a lot of integration / plugin work, but the benefit for me would be priceless.

In general I'd love to see context get a bit smarter. In the IPhone app this is already nicely done via location. However, this is not the only context of the user that could be taken into account. I'm thinking for instance about the active running program on my mac, the time of day, day of week, etc... connecting the contexts of tasks to the current context of the user would allow for smart suggestions or smarter views within Omnifocus.

Regards,
Simon