The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2 people, 2 computers, 1 to-do list Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My wife and I desperately need a unified to-do list, and we are evaluating OmniFocus as what appears to be a great solution. Except...

We work together on most of the projects on our to-do list, but we each have our own computers.

Does anyone have this situation, where two people share one to-do list? Is there any way to get OF working on both our computers, but to maintain just one list? Or am I simply asking for too much (or for version 2 or 3 or something)?

Is there at least some way to have the to-do list on one computer, but have the Quick Entry features on both computers?

We're currently working on OmniFocus synchronization support, which will allow you to synchronize your OmniFocus data across multiple computers using .Mac, a WebDAV server, or a shared folder on the network.

Thanks, Ken. I have only been evaluating on one computer. Would it be advisable that I purchase a family pack in expectation of syncing between my computer and my wife's?

Upgrading your license to a family pack is going to be the most inexpensive way to go, yes.

I'd suggest using the application in trial mode on your wife's computer before purchasing another license, though. (Just in case you absolutely hate the way we set synching up or something.)

Thanks. I hadn't noticed that there was an upgrade from single to family. Good thinkin'. :)